Sunday, December 21, 2008

safe and sound

We have made it to Florida safe and sound.

We left very early this morning and it was -5 degrees (-24 with the wind chill) and when we landed it was a beautiful 75. Bill and I rushed off to meet up with the family at the Magic Kingdom.

When we arrived most of our group was off on different rides, but Bill and i had a nice welcoming committee of Mimi, Giddo, and Mom. Mom Bill and I went to Buzz Light year (to infinity and BEYOND!) and then Mom and I rode in the tea cups. In the later afternoon we went on the pirates ride with Mimi ,Giddo, and Mom, and then met up with Brian and Christie for some haunted mansion fun and a viewing of the Philharmagic.

We watched the light parade not once but twice and enjoyed the holiday fireworks (though I missed my normal Wishes).

Bobby came over to our room to hang out for a bit and now I am sitting here with mom going to sleep and Bill in the shower.

If going on a family vacation teaches you anything it is that you need to have more patience and a very good plan. I am all about flexibility on somethings but trying to coordinate 21 people is not an easy task. Planning is key to a good Disney vacation, and with a good plan you will have time left over with which you can be flexible.

I will try to get some photos up tomorrow.

Good night.

1 comment:

T said...

I have been waiting for you to start! Now I'll bug you for photos. It's 10 degrees here and you couldn't have chosen a better time for traveling South! U. Bill and I lol about "patience" and "co-ordinating 21 people". That's why they've made successful movies called "Family Vacation". Have a great time. We miss you all!